Swix brushes are designed for brushing wax out of the structures (base patterns) in ski bases and snowboards after you have scraped. Brushes are also used before waxing to clean and open base for better wax absorption.
Five brush types:
- Nylon-T0161: Firm white nylon bristles for structuring most waxes.
- Blue Nylon-T0160: Short 12mm bristles for general polishing of wax.
- Horsehair-T0157: Anti-static final brushing of race waxes.
- Coarse Bronze-T0158: Clean, structure and open pores of base before waxing.
- Medium Bronze-T0162: First brush to use after waxing.
- Cera-F Combi/Cork and Nylon - T0196B: For Cera-F solid application. Rub in with the cork and polish with blue nylon side.
- Bronze/Nylon Combi - T0159B: Half blue nylon and half bronze for a great all around brush.
What does brushing accomplish?
- Stainless steel assists in "breaking in" the structure pattern by mellowing out the sharpness of a grind and etching a micro-structure in the base.
- Bronze or soft stainless brushing removes oxidized or sealed base material and opens the pores so the base will accept and retain more wax.
- Soft bronze, nylon or horsehair removes excess wax from the structure pattern to maximize gliding.