Faster Skis with BEAST Race Brushes!
Fast skis don't just happen, they start with a good grind followed by extensive brushing. BEAST Race Brushes were designed in collaboration with the top speed skiers in the country. Critical elements in these top quality brushes are type, diameter, length and quantity of fiber in each tuft and spacing. The flexible strap is designed so that the wax brush can lay flat on its back and not accidentally roll over becoming contaminated with bench top debris.
Three Essential Brush Set:
- Stiff Bronze/Horsehair: This one belongs in every tuning box. Stiff bronze fiber combined with ring of horsehair for multiple uses. Top techs use this brush as their #1 prep brush to condition bases before waxing. Also used as post waxing brush for harder waxes.
- Nylon: Nylon brushes are a standard for general post-waxing brushing. Especially suited for removal of softer waxes on coarse structured skis.
- Horsehair: Brushing with a firm anti-static horsehair gets excess wax or overlays out of the structure. We recommend using separate brushes for waxes and overlays.
What does brushing accomplish?
- Bronze or stainless brushing removes oxidized or sealed base material and opens the pores so the base will accept and retain more wax.
- Soft bronze, nylon or horsehair removes excess wax from the structure pattern to maximize gliding.