Faster Skis with BEAST Race Brushes!
Fast skis don't just happen, they start with a good grind followed by extensive brushing. BEAST Race Brushes were designed in collaboration with the top speed skiers in the country. Critical elements in these top quality brushes are type, diameter, length and quantity of fiber in each tuft and spacing. The flexible strap is designed so that the wax brush can lay flat on its back and not accidentally roll over becoming contaminated with bench top debris.
Six Different Brush Types:
- BEAST Stainless Steel/Horsehair Oval: Designed primarily as a pre-waxing base conditioning brush for removal of oxidation and to enhance the structure. The fine steel fibers have a gentle cutting action.
- BEAST Stiff Bronze/Horsehair Oval: This one belongs in every tuning box. Stiff bronze fiber combined with ring of horsehair for multiple uses. Some techs use as their #1 prep brush to condition base before waxing. Others use as post waxing brush for harder waxes.
- BEAST Soft Bronze/Horsehair Oval: Soft bronze fibers with outer horsehair ring. Primarily used as a post waxing brush for medium to soft waxes. Fine fibers are necessary for removing excess wax from the micro structure and following with horsehair brushing.
- BEAST Nylon Oval: Nylon brushes are a standard for general post-waxing brushing. Especially suited for removal of softer waxes on coarse structured skis.
- BEAST Horsehair Oval: Brushing with a firm anti-static horsehair gets excess wax or overlays out of the structure. Use separate brushes for waxes and overlays.
- BEAST Brown Horsehair Oval Polishing: Polishing with a soft anti-static horsehair is the final brushing step in preparation of race skis. Use separate brushes for waxes and overlays.
What does brushing accomplish?
- Bronze or stainless brushing removes oxidized or sealed base material and opens the pores so the base will accept and retain more wax.
- Soft bronze, nylon or horsehair removes excess wax from the structure pattern to maximize gliding.