Description & Features
The Trooper Slalom Helmet has been completely reengineered using only the best materials, technologies and production technologies available – including the new revolutionary 2Vi Technology Platform developed by Sweet Protection. The Trooper 2Vi MIPS helmet is a pre-preg carbon fiber reinforced mono-shell construction for extra strength and performance. This helmet weighs 7% lighter than its predecessor, is the go-to helmet for slalom athletes, and focuses on optimal protection performance. A next-generation variable elasticity helmet shell offering increased rigidity and elasticity combined with a complex geometry multi-density shock absorbing liner with vastly improved impact dissipation based on the geometry of the human head. The 2Vi Technology Platform also includes a unique 2-layer MIPS technology to reduce rotational forces on the brain.
- Slalom specific ski racing helmet
- 2Vi - a high-performance helmet technology platform developed by Sweet Protection especially designed to increase safety and comfort.
- New modern mono shell construction with variable thickness
- TLC: Thermoplastic Laminated Carbon Fiber
- Complex geometry multi-density shock absorbing liner
- 2-Layer MIPS brain protection technology
- Snap-in lining – provides incredible comfort while being easily removable and washable
- Turn dial Occigrip fit system with height adjustment
- Adapted goggle fit – will provide the best possible fit with all our goggles
- Internal Goggle garage with goggle vents
- Adjustable ventilation
- Fidlock Magnetic buckle for safety and ease of operation
- Audio Ready system
- Removable earpads
- Easy to fasten hook goggle retainer
- Chin Guard Included
- ASTM 2040 & EN 1077 (class B) certified
- Does NOT conform to FIS for GS, SG or DH (soft ear padding only allowed in SL)
Thermoplastic Laminated Carbon Fiber (TLC) Shell
The Thermoplastic laminated carbon fiber shell combines the elasticity of injection-molded thermoplastic with the rigidity and strength of carbon fiber. It enables us to very effectively tune the shell for different properties in different areas for optimized performance.
MIPS technology is scientifically proven to reduce rotational motion by absorbing and redirecting rotational energies and forces transferred to the brain from angled impacts to the head.
In a helmet with MIPS Brain Protection System (BPS) the shell and the liner are separated by a Low Friction Layer. When subjected to an angled impact, the low friction layer allows the helmet to slide relative to the head, protecting against rotational motion.
A molded shock-absorbing EPS liner with Impact Shield inserts that provide unsurpassed performance for shock absorbance. Premium impact protection technology that distributes impact over larger areas in crucial zones where the head needs it the most (front and back).