Description & Features
The Atomic Redster G9 RS Ski delivers speed and stability for GS racing at all levels. A pre-stressed rod and elastomer on the top of the ski support the ski’s steering behavior at all every speed – that’s our Servotec technology. It’s basically power steering that makes the ski more agile in turns then more stable on straights. It comes with a Full Sidewall, and it’s Ultra Titanium Powered. A thick, strong titanium layer sidewall-to-sidewall and tip-to-tail offers stability, torsional rigidity, and edge grip. Since it’s not restricted by FIS rules, it has a smaller radius to make the handling very forgiving. If you’re a Ski Cross or Master athlete looking for World Cup performance, you’ve found it.
- USSA & Masters GS Race Skis
- Full Sidewall
- Ultra Power Wood Core
- Ultra Titanium Powered
- Active Race Interface
- Glossy Topsheet
- World Cup Base Finish
- Compatible Binding (sold separately): Atomic X Race Binding
Atomic Redster G9 RS (Masters) GS Ski Specs
|Type||GS Masters||GS Masters||GS Masters|
|FIS RULE||SX & Masters||SX & Masters||SX & Masters|
SERVOTEC PERFORMANCE TECHNOLOGY
Servotec is Atomic's radical innovation for racing and high-performance piste skiing. The name comes from ‘Servolenkung’ because that’s what it is – the first power steering for skis! The secret is the Servotec rod on the top of the ski and the elastomer just under the binding:
- The rod is under tension, meaning the elastomer connected to it is compressed. The whole ski is therefore in a pre-stressed position – essentially ready to turn.
- As the ski bends into a turn, the compression in the elastomer is relaxed. It rebounds out like a spring, pulling the rod with it and actively supporting the flex of the ski. This makes steering lighter and quicker.
- Then on fast straights the rod and elastomer dampen out bumps and ruts in the slope and even swallow up negative swings. This keeps your steering firmer and more stable when skiing straight at high speeds.
Runs across the full length of the ski for precise steering, ideal for high-performing race and piste skis.
ULTRA POWER WOODCORE
Made from strong beech and lightweight poplar - for supreme running stability and agility in Atomic racing skis.
A titanium layer above and below the core creates supreme shock absorption, strong running stability and a high torsional flex.
With Active Camber, more of the ski’s edge length stays in contact with the snow. This creates better grip on icy slopes and makes the ski super stable.