Description & Features
The Atomic Redster G9 FIS is a ski for GS racers looking to reach the top step of the podium this season. One of the latest race innovations, Servotec, makes it one of the fastest and most stable GS skis Atomic has ever made. Basically, power steering for your skis, Servotec’s pre-stressed rod and elastomer on the top of the ski supports the ski’s steering behavior at all speed levels, making steering more agile and responsive in turns and more stable and locked-in on straights. It’s Ultra Titanium Powered – meaning it’s got a thick, strong titanium layer sidewall-to-sidewall and tip-to-tail for stability, torsional rigidity and edge grip. The ski comes with a Full Sidewall, and it meets all World Cup/European Cup level requirements. When you’re riding the Redster, you’re on the right path to the podium.
- FIS Approved GS Race Skis
- Full Sidewall
- Ultra Power Wood Core
- Ultra Titanium Powered
- Active Race Interface
- Active Camber
- Glossy Topsheet
- Compatible Binding (sold separately): Atomic X Race Binding
Atomic Redster G9 FIS Giant Slalom Ski Specs
|Type||GS Men||GS Men/Women||GS Women|
|FIS RULE||FIS Norm GS M||FIS Norm GS M/W||FIS Norm GS W|
SERVOTEC PERFORMANCE TECHNOLOGY
Servotec is Atomic's radical innovation for racing and high-performance piste skiing. The name comes from ‘Servolenkung’ because that’s what it is – the first power steering for skis! The secret is the Servotec rod on the top of the ski and the elastomer just under the binding:
- The rod is under tension, meaning the elastomer connected to it is compressed. The whole ski is therefore in a pre-stressed position – essentially ready to turn.
- As the ski bends into a turn, the compression in the elastomer is relaxed. It rebounds out like a spring, pulling the rod with it and actively supporting the flex of the ski. This makes steering lighter and quicker.
- Then on fast straights the rod and elastomer dampen out bumps and ruts in the slope and even swallow up negative swings. This keeps your steering firmer and more stable when skiing straight at high speeds.
Runs across the full length of the ski for precise steering, ideal for high-performing race and piste skis.
ULTRA POWER WOODCORE
Made from strong beech and lightweight poplar - for supreme running stability and agility in Atomic racing skis.
ULTRA TITANIUM POWERED
A titanium layer above and below the core creates supreme shock absorption, strong running stability and a high torsional flex.
With Active Camber, more of the ski’s edge length stays in contact with the snow. This creates better grip on icy slopes and makes the ski super stable.