Slytech Fortress Race Mittens are ski racing inspired and feature SLYTECH 2ND SKIN XT protection technology, nose wipe, PIRMALOFT insulation and tacky grip layer on the palm. Designed with a neoprene cuff for a snug fit, overlay panel for a compatibility with forearm guards. Anti-abrasion fabric covers the back of the hand to withstand the harshest hand dragging for incredible durability.
- Ski racing inspired mitten
- Unparalleled comfort, protection and performance
- SLYTECH 2ND SKiN Inside provides protection on the entire backhand
- Minimizes the risk of the "skier's thumb"
- Amazing grippiness in the palm
- PrimaLoft insulation makes it super warm
- Pittards world class leather and Superfabric provide outstanding durability
- Finger Channels
SLYTECH Glove - Mitten Size Chart
|Width (inches)||6 - 6.5||7 - 7.5||8 - 8.5||9 - 9.5||10 - 10.5|
|Length (inches)||6 - 6.5||7 - 7.5||8 - 8.5||9 - 9.5||10 - 10.5|
Glove/Mitt Fitting Instructions
Measure the circumference (in inches) around the widest part of the hand (this is usually at the knuckles) not including the thumb.
Sizing Tips:Please note that all size charts are estimated measurements given to best determine your size. Here are some things to keep in mind when you are choosing a glove:
- How you like your gloves to fit (i.e. tight or loose). If your hand measures in between sizes, you may want to go up or down a size according to your preferences.
- The pinch test: You should be able to pinch about 1/4" at the end of the fingertips, to ensure space for circulation and dexterity.
- Test how they feel while gripping a ski pole. Most of the gloves that we offer are pre-curved for the best grip while skiing.
2nd Skin XT Technology
The material used in this one-of-a-kind body protection line constitutes a dramatic shift over traditional products. The SLYTECH 2ND SKiN XT shock absorbing system is more durable, more flexible (especially at lower temperatures), and protects you a full 80% better over traditional hard protectors and 20% better over traditional soft protectors. And it does all that with a dramatic increase in comfort. In our lab adn filed test, our magic EVA based copolymer exhibited much higher stability, toughness and durability at low temperatures, and more resistance to UV radiation than any competing protector, including traditional Polyurethane foam based soft protectors. The extraordinary properties of the extra tough copolymer are due to its polygonal closed cell structure that provides improved shock absorption adn water proofing. Wear it, abuse it and then throw it in the wash. No problem.
With SLYTECH 2ND SKiN XT, different intelligent reactions apply just the right protection for every circumstance while keeping you warm, comfortable created a much smarter material: a polygonal closed cell foam for more protection, more comfort, more durability, no matter what.
PrimaLoft is the highest performing insulation on the market for warmth, water resistance, softness and compressibility. PrimaLoft is an ultra-fine microfiber insulation that is as warm, soft and lightweight, and is warmer wet or dry than all other insulation.