Description & Features
Dominator Antistatic Race Wax for New Snow - Ultra fine graphite combined with low fluoronation provides good anti-static lubrication for base at an economical price. Great in fresh snow at humidity under 35%.
- Temperature Ranges:
- FG-77 Turquoise (5°F to 20°F)
- FG-88 Pink (20°F to 32°F)
- Sizes: 40 or 100 gram bars
How to Apply
Dominator recommends applying in a checkerboard pattern to save time and money as well as get a more accurate mixing of wax:
This new method saves time and money and allows for greater precision in mixing. The wax is applied as one layer rather than as separate anti-static and day wax layers and this saves time. Since the wax is crayoned rather than dripped, less wax is used and this saves money. And the fact that equal areas of each wax are applied leads to more accurate mixing proportions as compared to dripping. Here is how it is done:
- Soften the first bar of wax by touching it to the iron and rub it on the base forming a square approximately 2 by 2 inches (5 by 5 centimeters).
- Repeat, forming approximately equal wax covered and uncovered areas until the base resembles a checkerboard.
- Soften the second bar of wax and cover the uncovered areas of the checkerboard.
- Iron the waxes together. What you will get is a well mixed, uniform wax blend.
- Scrape and brush as usual.
All Dominator Waxes are EU2020 Compliant
DOMINATOR is the only wax company manufacturing its own fluoro additives – rather than buying them from another entity – giving them total control over their products' content and purity. Their manufacturing process contains steps that preclude the presence or formation of PFOA.
DOMINATOR obtained EPA approval for their fluoro additives before their introduction in 1994. They are confident that all of their waxes, including the fluorinated waxes, do not pose a risk to the user or the environment when used properly.
The wax room is not without its hazards. It is well documented that hydrocarbon wax fumes at high concentrations impair lung function, and that airborne wax dust from brushing can cause eye and lung irritation. We strongly suggest that you review Dominator's recommendations on Wax Room Safety.