Wind tunnel tests show Spyder's Women's World Cup Downhill Race Suit to be a global leader in aerodynamic performance and the win counts for both Lindsey Vonn and Julia Mancuso continue to grow. X-static Silver Fiber Technology provides anti-odor, anti-static, and thermal conductivity properties.
- Downhill ski racing suit
- Custom Lindsey Vonn & Julia Mancuso prints
- Polyester Diamond Knit 3L Bond for Optimal Air Porosity Performance with X-Static Silver Fiber
- Anatomically designed contour fit
- Front stretch zipper
- Thumb anchors
- Gripper Elastic at hem
- Passes 30ml FIS test
- Conforms to FIS logo printed on lower left leg
- Unisex Sizing
Spyder Adult Race Suit Sizing Guide
|Height (inches)||53 - 56||56 - 63||63 - 67||67 - 70||70 - 73||73+|
Sizing of Race Suits
Speed suits fit by our size charts will initially be quite snug and require assistance stretching over the shoulders. However, the fabric "relaxes" after several uses to conform comfortably to your body. A new suit sized for initial comfort will stretch out and become oversized after the "break-in" period.
Race Suit Fabric
These highly elastic knit fabrics are not as abrasion resistant as woven fabrics. Contact with abrasive surfaces such as Velcro should be avoided. Prints on these fabrics are usually done on a white base and only penetrate the surface of the material. Some of the underlying white may show through areas of stretch. "Wear and Tear" is normal in stretch fabrics and may include pilling, cuts from ski/snowboard edges, and fabric burns from hitting gates at high speeds.
X-static is a silver-coated textile fiber that enhances products with permanent and natural anti-odor, anti-static and thermodynamic properties.
- Anti-Odor: Silver is recognized in the medical community as the most effective anti-microbial agent available. X-static uses pure silver to safely inhibit the growth of odor-causing bacteria and fungi in garments.
- Anti-Static: Silver is the most electrically conductive element. Electrical charges normally created by two non-conductive materials rubbing together are therefore instantly dissipated, keeping X-static products static-free.
- Regulates temperature: Silver has an infrared reflectivity rating of 95%. That means X-static reflects more body heat as the temperature drops, keeping you warmer in colder weather. In addition, because silver has the highest conductivity rating of any element, heat is distributed evenly throughout the product, reducing hot and cold spots.
FIS Race Suit Rules
Customarily is has been the responsibility of the athlete to send their race suit to a National Association to test for porosity and FIS compliance. A little metal tag called a “plomb” was attached to the leg of the suit after passing the test. A new marking method will now be used in the form of a printed logo on the back of the leg of approved suits.
Beginning this 2018-19 FIS race season ALL suits must have a FIS logo printed on the back of the left leg. Race suits with a plomb will no longer be acceptable at FIS races. See FIS SPECIFICATIONS FOR COMPETITION EQUIPMENT AND COMMERCIAL MARKINGS for full details.
Note: FIS Race Suit Rules only apply to U19 Athletes (16 years of age) and up competing in NorAm, Europa Cup, World Junior Championships and World Cup races. FIS logos are not required for National FIS or ENL races.